Piping Repair & Installation in Orlando, FL
There are many types of pipes, and some are more appropriate for specific jobs than others. To help you with the decisions, here is an overview of the main types of piping used in residential remodeling.
- PVC (polyvinyl chloride) can be used only for cold water. PVC is most often used to carry water from the main supply to a home. If you decide to use PVC, be sure that the pipe you choose is approved for drinking water.
- ABS (acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene) is used primarily in bathrooms for waste removal, drain, and venting. It is a rigid plastic pipe that can be connected to several kinds of metal pipes. ABS is not permitted everywhere, so if you are considering this type of pipe, you will need to check with your contractor.
- PEX can be used to carry both hot and cold water. It is often used for interior water pipes in residential plumbing.
- CPVC (chlorine-polyvinyl-chloride) is generally used to carry hot water and is often used as a substitute for copper pipes.
- Cast Iron is used in some parts of the country for drainage. It is very strong and very durable, but it is also hard to cut and very heavy. If your project involves replacing a cast iron pipe, PVC is a good choice because it can be joined with cast iron.
- Copper is ideal for both hot and cold water supply lines, and it is very resistant to corrosion. It is light and durable, but it costs more. If you are replacing copper pipes, a good choice is CPVC.
- Galvanized steel is not used very often today because it corrodes over time and is hard to work with. It was used in the past for water supply lines.
If you need to replace the piping in your home, call us today to speak with a skilled plumbing professional who can help you make the best decision for your home.
Fahrenheit Plumbing offers repair services for every fixture and faucet in your home.
We repair products from trusted brands, such as Moen™, Delta™, Grohe™, Kohler™, Jason™, and Dornbracht™. With our fleet of fully stocked vehicles, we are able to complete most plumbing repairs the same day.
We can also upgrade your existing plumbing fixtures and faucets to give your bathroom or kitchen a clean, new look without the hassle of a major renovation. New plumbing fixtures can add charm to the cabinets, countertops, and flooring, so if you’re considering sprucing up the look of your kitchen or bathroom, call us today for a quote!
Valve Repair & Installation in Orlando, FL
Are you experiencing major plumbing problems in your home? Are you in need of an emergency valve repair? We’re here to help! Tub and shower faucets can wreak all kinds of havoc on your plumbing if they are not functioning correctly. Our plumbing professionals have the experience and expertise to meet all of your plumbing needs. We can fix the problem and have your plumbing system working correctly in no time.
We offer top-notch plumbing services all over the Orlando area. Not only do we provide any plumbing repair work needed for homeowners, but we also stand behind our work. If you're having plumbing issues in your home, we can handle it. No matter how big or small your problem is, contact us today!